Stroke – a sudden disruption of blood circulation in the brain that usually leads to the death of its nerve cells. Basically stroke prone older people, but in recent years suffered from it more and more young people – no one is immune from this. Patient Education
At school, the lessons on life safety, always talk about how to behave in case of fire, accidents, as well as first aid. However, more often it happens is that most people do not even have a presentation, how to be in this situation.
Sudden weakness and a severe headache.
Unsteady gait, incoordination.
Disturbances of vision and hearing.
The difficulties in the perception of what is happening around.
Numbness of the right or left side of the body.
Drooling and difficulty swallowing.
three signs of stroke
The algorithm for stroke
The first cause “first aid”!
Immediately call your doctor. When talking to the duty manager, try to accurately characterize everything that happens. The man, who suffered from a stroke attack, needs a neurologist. So you say manager must figure out how to send a team to the challenge.
Your actions before the arrival of emergency
1) If the person is conscious, you need to put it that way, to his shoulders and his head is above the body. Such manipulation would reduce blood pressure. If possible, avoid the victim of movement, in order not to aggravate the patient’s condition.
2) The second step – to take care of the free breathing: free man from the tight stuff, if any (belt strap). Provide fresh air.
3) It is forbidden to give the victim anything from drinking and eating! He swallowing function can be impaired – food and drink can be inhaled.
4) Do not give medication to the patient before the arrival of doctors! If you encounter such a first time, then it is unlikely you will find a suitable medication.
5) Remove from the mouth of the patient, any discharge (blood, saliva, mucus, vomit). If you start vomiting and nausea, the victim’s head very gently and carefully turn over on his side. In this way you will protect the airways and the victim does not suffocate. As soon as an attack of nausea stopped, it is desirable to thoroughly clean the mouth with your fingers, winding them gauze or a handkerchief.
6) If the person is unconscious, but breathing on his own, you have to turn over on his side: his head on his arm and bent forward; leg bent at the knee. Services
7) If not breathing give artificial respiration and heart massage. But attention! These actions are allowed to do in the event that you are able to carry out their! Unskilled cardiac massage can cause injury to the chest or other hazards.
When I came, “ambulance”
Medical team arrived quickly, clearly and in great detail describe all the events: first, how it happened, how was that you did.
It is actually very important, because the first few minutes of the patient determine the further course of the disease! So gather with the spirit.
The rapid and, most importantly, timely recognition of stroke in conjunction with timely help – that’s what will save a person’s life! And remember what the fuss in this situation in any way out of place! Be careful and calm! Does not inspire fear of the patient and support him.
Sponsor of my post site vogel-geluk.nl.